Established in 1965, Ski Bartlett is one of the UK's most popular independent ski shops, with over 50 years of experience. We pride ourselves on our high standards, excellent customer service and the quality of our products. Over the years we have expanded our retail space to house a vast selection of ski and snowboard products and our online presents is going from strength to strength.
We are looking to recruit a full-time, team member to join our renowned ski and snowboard hardware department. We are looking for someone with a growth mindset and a positive future vision. Are you able to add value to our ever-growing ski and snowboard hardware department?
To thrive in this role you would need in depth product knowledge and experience of ski boot fitting and the desire to learn about all of the other Snowsports products. But if you don’t have experience of boot fitting, don’t worry, we’ll take you through our comprehensive training programme. However, ski or snowboard experience is essential.
The main part of this job role will include performing boot fittings but the role is in no way limited to this. You will also be required to undertake minor workshop tasks, help customers with purchases throughout the store, receive in orders, deal with customer enquiries and help your fellow team members when needed.
Are you good at thinking on your feet and relish the challenge of problem solving? Do you enjoy giving helpful advice and sharing your knowledge and expertise?
If so keep reading...
• Carry out comprehensive and professional boot fitting appointments for our customers.
• Make custom foot beds.
• Boot stretching.
• Drilling, grinding and milling ski boots.
• Custom moulding ski and snowboard boots.
• You will also be helping to build and maintain our long-term relationships with customers and suppliers to ensure continued sales growth.
• Ordering of spare parts, liaising with our sales team and suppliers to process re-orders.
Skills/experience required for the role:
• Good overall ski and/or snowboard experience.
• Be self-sufficient and self-motivated when working on your own.
• Good with your hands and good using tools, practically minded.
• You must have loads of common sense and initiative to proactively solve problems.
• Patient and calm when under pressure.
• Keen to learn and keep up to date with current products within the world of ski, snowboard and skateboard.
• Excellent communication skills - You must be able to respond professionally and friendly to customers - in person, on the phone and on email.
• In depth knowledge and experience of ski boot fitting.
• Impeccable customer manner, polite and helpful.
• Focused on attention to detail.
• The ability to multitask.
• Always follow through and complete tasks to a time deadline.
• Employee discount after successful completion of probationary period.
• Pension scheme
• Free close by parking
• Casual dress code
If you believe you are the right person for the role, we would love to hear from you.
• Full-time, permanent
• Full-time, winter season (Potential to extend to year round contract)
• Part-time weekends and some additional weekdays
Salary: £18,000.00-£23,000.00 per year based on full time position