A new glove from Hestra, the Army Leather XCR Short is based on their award winning Army Leather XCR model. A Gore-Tex XCR insert for all day dryness with breathability, combined with a soft leather palm for comfort.
These gloves will keep you very warm and last you for years.
Hestra Glove Care
Glove care - 5 tips for a long life
Hestra gloves are made to last. With some love and care they will last even longer. Good for you, good for the environment.
1) Use Hestra Leather Balm. Grease the leather regularly and it will resist moisture, wear and tear better. Moisten the leather a little first. Use a polishing cloth and rub in the grease until the leather is saturated. Do this in the evening and the grease is absorbed during the night.
2) If you have gloves with breathable materials like GORE-TEX©, you should avoid silicone impregnation. It clogs the pores and reduces the material’s breathability.
3) With the carabiner clasp that comes with some models, you can easily attach the gloves to a backpack. In that way, you don’t risk losing them, and they can dry without losing shape.
4) Dyed leather may stain clothing when wet, so don’t place a wet glove on other garments. Choose a model with a natural leather color if you do not want to risk bleeding.
5) Gloves rarely get damaged while skiing. Instead, the edges of skis and boot buckles are normally the cause of damage to your gloves. Be careful when handling your skis or boots!
Washing & drying. 5 truths about washing and drying.
1) Dry your gloves at room temperature, avoid open flames, heaters, tumble- driers and ovens.
2) Gloves dry best in an upright position. Some models come with a carabiner clasp that, apart from keeping the gloves together, also is useful when drying.
3) Do not turn lined gloves inside out. The liner, insulation and membrane can be difficult to put back into place.
4) Gloves with a removable lining dry faster when the liners are removed, and the removable liners are also easy to wash. Dirt clogs pores and fibers reducing breathability. However, wool liners must be hand washed and dried on a flat surface.
5) We do not recommend washing leather gloves frequently. If you do wash them, put on the gloves and wash with soap and lukewarm water. Squeeze out the water gently without twisting. Models without several layers or leather can be machine-washed at 40°C or less.
We offer free delivery to all UK mainland addresses on orders over £100.00. Orders that qualify for free delivery will be sent on a 3-5 day service, however you can upgrade to a next day courier service with UPS and DPD at an extra charge of £4.95. UPS and DPD couriers deliver between Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm.
*Please Note: Customers living in Scotland may receive their courier delivery 2 days after dispatch due to distance.
All orders received before 12.30pm will be dispatched the same day, orders received after 12.30pm will be dispatched on the next working day. (A working day is any day other than weekends, bank or other public holidays, and Mondays)
Orders placed after 12.30pm on a Friday will not be dispatched until Monday.
We currently ship to the United Kingdom, selected EU Countries, USA and Canada.
Europe, USA and Canada Please allow 3 to 14 days for delivery.
No additional taxes or charges apply if your parcel is delivered inside the EU. For countries outside the EU, local import duty and tax may apply. Any such charges must be paid by the customer. Please check with your local tax authority before placing your order.
Due to the second National Lockdown we have extended our returns period. Any items purchased between the 2nd November 2020 and 23rd December 2020 can be returned up until 14th January 2021.
Non-faulty items must be sent back unused and in their original packaging with labels and within 30 days of the invoice date including original receipt. Once received, we will offer an exchange or a full refund if required.
You will be required to pay postage when returning your items to us. Please note that postage costs are non-refundable. Products returned must be properly packaged and sent fully pre-paid to our address. Sputnik Snowboard Shop, 1-2 Rosslyn Parade, Uxbridge Road, Hillingdon, Middlesex, UB10 0NP. When sending your return please obtain a CERTIFICATE OF POSTAGE from your Post office as you will have to produce it in case of a loss.
Payment can be made online by any credit or debit card, Paypal and Checkout by Amazon
Our site uses the latest 128 bit SSL security, complying with and exceeding all necessary security requirements to protect your details. We do not store any sensitive information (card number, etc).
SSL encrypts your order online to avoid any decoding of that information of anyone other than the necessary processing parties. To check the security of your connection, look at the status bar of your browser window after accessing the server. If you see an unbroken key or a closed lock then, depending upon your browser, SSL is active. You can also double check by looking at the URL line of your browser - while accessing a secure server the first characters of the address will change from HTTP to HTTPS.